Hey it’s been a long time since I updated this blog sorry for that it was due to my work pressure but now I am going to write frequently so no worries.
1. Go to Start.
2. Right Click Computer and select properties it should open a window similar to this.
3. Click on “Advanced System Settings” and it should open another window like this.
4. Under the Performance Menu select Settings.
5. Once selected it should open a windows like the above one and then select the Advanced tab.
6. Once it opens under the Virtual Memory heading select Change.
7. It should open the following Virtual Memory Window.
8. Uncheck “Automatically manage paging file size for all drivers”.
9. Select your Windows installation drive.
10. Select Custom Size and Fill in the Maximum and Minimum size. Even though I use 6000 MB for both I would recommend the size I have mentioned for different Windows Versions for you to follow.
Windows XP: Max-1600 MB, Min:- 512 MB to 1024 MB
Windows Vista/7: Max-3500 MB, Min:- 1024 MB to 3500 MB
Windows 8:- Max-8000 MB, Min:-3500 MB to 6000 MB
NOTE:- THE AMOUNT OF VIRTUAL MEMORY IS ACTUALLY TAKEN FROM YOUR HDD SO BE ECONOMICAL IF YOU WANT TO SAVE SPACE MINE HAS 444 GB FOR THE WINDOWS DRIVE SO I USE 6000 MB CHOOSE YOUR SIZE ACCORDING TO YOUR HDD SPACE AVAILABLE.
11. Select OK Close all Programs and then Restart your system.
That’s it folks next time when you reboot you will get a faster system.